Recommendation to refrain from any travel to Egypt16 August 2013
On August 14 2013, the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt announced the introduction of a State of Emergency for a period of one month. In this connection, a daily curfew between 7pm and 6am has been introduced in 14 provinces as follows: Cairo, Giza, Alexandria, Suez, Ismailia, Asiut, Sohag, Beni Suef, Minya, Beheyra, South Sinai and North Sinai, Suez and Qena. The curfew is in force for the duration of the emergency. Please take special note that those who do not observe the curfew will be detained.
Given the above, and the strongly increased risks in terms of security and personal safety, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs recommends that until the expiry of the State of Emergency, Bulgarian citizens refrain from all trips to the Arab Republic of Egypt, including to seaside resorts.
In the event of urgent necessity to travel to Egypt, the following rulesshould be observed:
- Avoid night flights and flights on Fridays;
- Before the trip, pre-register at the Embassy of Bulgaria in Cairo, giving information about the planned stay as follows: passenger names, location, period of stay, phone and email contact. Registration can be done by phone or by e-mail to the embassy;
- Strictly observe the curfew;
- At all times, have with you documents proving identity and nationality (recommended - passport);
- Avoid places where there are mass events or rallies;
- Do not photograph, under any pretext, public events, events or objects related to security;
- Avoid conflict with the police or other local government representatives;
- Avoid any comments on domestic issues.
Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in the Arab Republic of Egypt
Address: 6, El Malek El Afdal Str. Zamalek, Cairo, Egypt
Tel.: +20 25 2273630, +20 77 2273660
Fax: +20 2 2736 38 26
Duty contact number after hours: + 20 122 317 1991
E-mail: [email protected]
See more messages from: