accreditation procedure for representatives of foreign media
Representatives of Bulgarian and foreign media are accredited to report on the work of the MFA.
Representatives of foreign media may receive permanent or temporary accreditation.
The permanent accreditation is valid for one year. It is issued to foreign journalists residing in the country on a permanent basis.
The following is required for permanent accreditation:
- an original of a letter of the editor (head) of the media with a request for accreditation of the journalist. The letter should specify the full name of the journalist; his/her position in the media; contact phones, fax, e-mail, correspondence address; journalist card number;
- two passport size photographs.
- a copy of the page of a valid identity document (international passport or identity card for citizens of the EU member states);
- a CV.
The accreditation procedure takes one month.
The following is required for extending the accreditation:
- an original of a letter of the editor (head) of the media with a request for extension of the accreditation of the journalist. The letter should specify all the information required for the original accreditation:
- one passport size photograph;
- the old card.
The temporary accreditation is valid for three months (as an exception – up to six months).
It is issued when a foreign crew of journalists visits Bulgaria for a short time.
For a temporary accreditation every member of the crew should submit the following:
- an original letter of the media on the purpose of the crew’s visit;
- a passport size photograph;
- a copy of the page in the passport;
- contact phones.
- copies of published materials;
- a document certifying the membership of the applicant for accreditation in a professional organisation.
Special accreditation is issued for events with high security measures.
In these cases the special accreditation is mandatory regardless of the existence of permanent accreditation.