Diplomatic missions



Australia and Oceania


North America

South America

Are there specific requirements when traveling with children - Bulgarian citizens abroad?

Taking a child under 18 years of age outside Bulgaria without proper authorization (declaration) of the other parent or a court decision depriving the other parent of parental rights qualifies as a criminal offense. When one of the parents is traveling with children he/she should obtain a statement (permit) from the other parent, guardian, custodian or court decision regarding the other parent or the trips. If you are not sure, seek the advice of an attorney. The types of statements required when traveling with children can be downloaded from the Consular Services section, Forms subsection.

The country of your destination may have different requirements for documents necessary when traveling with children. You may be required to submit a declaration by both parents, guardians or persons who are granted custody of the children. A document proving any kinship or a document for the right to accompany a minor may be required. You should be aware that different countries have different interpretations of the legal age of majority.

To clarify such issues you need to contact the embassy or consulate of the country you plan to visit.

You should also find out about the requirements of the transport company regarding the documents to be presented when traveling with children.

This site uses cookies. By accepting cookies you can optimise your browsing experience.

Accept Refuse More