Diplomatic missions



Australia and Oceania


North America

South America

I changed my name / surname . Do I need a new passport to travel abroad ?

Bulgarian law requires in case of change of name / surname or Personal Identity Number, Bulgarian citizens to apply for the issuance of new identity documents, including international passport. Information on how to replace your passport upon name change can be obtained on the website of the Ministry of Interior or by contacting the Bulgarian Identity Documents Directorate with the Ministry of Interior.

This site uses cookies. By accepting cookies you can optimise your browsing experience.

Accept Refuse More